Fresh Ground Is Hiring an Experienced Barista!
Based at 68 Battersea Rise in Clapham Junction and looking for a great person to join our team - we are an independent cafe who are looking to create and enrich our community through great tasting food and drinks and provide space for different groups, individuals and families in South West London.
We use coffee from Nude and Gatehouse Coffee Roasters, serve Birchall Tea and a selection of fresh pastries and sweet treats, alongside our hot brunch menu at the weekends.
We are part of Fresh Ground London – a church, café, coffee house and community hub.
We are looking for a barista who shares our passion for speciality coffee alongside our fantastic food menu. Someone friendly, punctual, reliable and self-motivated - who is also happy jumping behind the counter to serve lunch and generally help out where needed, with a great approach to customer service.
What we need from you is...
· 2 years’ experience on the coffee machine
· Knowledge of grind adjustment
· Understanding of espresso shot extraction
· Milk texturing and latte art experience
· Have a friendly attitude and excellent customer service
· Be fluent in English (both written and spoken)
· Be eligible to live and work full time in the UK
· Awareness of health and safety considerations and food hygiene
· An appreciation for the values and ethos of the church
In return we’ll give you…
· a competitive salary (around £9 per hour depending on experience)
· a friendly, fun and inspiring place to work
· an opportunity to develop your skills and give creative input
· 25 social daytime working hours
If you are a fully trained competition winning barista, that’s brilliant, but you don’t need to be! You do however need to be comfortable with a competition standard coffee machine, grinder and latte art - combined with having loads of passion and creative ideas you can bring to the table.
We are a small team and are looking for a fun loving, hardworking person to join us!
If this sounds like you, then send us your CV to our Assistant Manager, Nadia at email@example.com